As long as you’re of sound mind, your medical care is in your hands. While you may have doctors, therapists, insurance, and prescription services, your care is ultimately your right and your responsibility. Learn your options and what will be expected of you as a client of AptivaRx so you can continue to receive the best possible care and stay in the best possible health. Let’s work together to achieve an excellent quality of life.
You have the right to:
• Be fully informed in advance about AptivaRx’s service and the product(s) to be provided.
• Participate in the development and periodic revision of the plan of service/care.
• Informed consent and refusal of service after the consequences of refusing service.
• Be informed in advance of any charges, including payment for products expected from third parties and any charges for which the patient will be responsible.
• Have one’s property and person treated with respect, consideration, and recognition of patient dignity and individuality.
• Voice grievances/complaints* or recommend changes in policy, staff, or service without restraint, interference, coercion, discrimination, or reprisal.
• Choose a healthcare provider.
• Confidentiality and privacy of all information contained in the patient record and any Protected Health Information.
• Receive appropriate service without discrimination per physician orders.
• Be informed of any financial benefits when referred to an organization.
• Be fully informed of one’s responsibilities.
• Be informed of provider service limitations.
It is your responsibility to:
• Remain under a physician’s care while receiving AptivaRx’s services.
• Provide AptivaRx with complete and accurate insurance information.
• Provide AptivaRx with any changes in insurance coverage as soon as changes are known.
• Sign the required consents and releases for insurance billing and audits.
• Participate in your care by asking questions and expressing concerns.
• Provide a safe home environment in which our services can be provided.
• Cooperate with your physician, our staff, and other caregivers.
• Accept the outcome of any refusal of treatment.
• Treat AptivaRx personnel with respect and consideration.
• Abide by AptivaRx policies which restrict duties our staff may perform.
• Advise AptivaRx of any questions, concerns, dissatisfaction, or problems with your service.
• Notify AptivaRx of any change in your address, phone number, treatment regimen, or physician.
• Return rental product immediately upon completion of treatment.